Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

An Apple a Day!



YUM! YUM! Check out Allison's latest boo-boo- a nice little rug burn under her lip. She rolled off her big ball and fell flat on her face. It'll make for lovely first day of preschool pictures tomorrow!


We wanted to do something fun today and my friend Beth had just been apple picking with Katie so we thought- that would be FUN! And it was! Allison and I had never been apple picking before, or at least I don't remember ever going, so it was new to us. After picking for a little bit Allison started getting very fussy, complaining she was hungry, which she probably was cause it was past lunch time. I said, "Well, if you're hungry you can eat an apple!" At home she has to have the apples peeled (no skin showing!) and cut into slices. I guess she really was hungry cause she bit into that thing and ate it all! Then she was happy as a clam the rest of the trip. :)





Allison and Mommy at the apple orchard



Collecting apples from the bucket



"I can pick one all by myself!"



Picking the leaves off her apple



Mommy and Allison picking apples



Daddy- the master picker! :)

5 comments:

missy said...

What a fun day! I can't wait to take Paige to do this. I am glad that Allison enjoyed her yummy apple. It looks like you all are having lovely weather!

Jill said...

I love the apple orchard photos. So pretty and that looks so fun. I wish we had apple orchards in Texas.

Jodee said...

What a fun outing! We sooo need to get to an apple orchard sometime. Cute pictures!

Kristi said...

Apple picking looks like a great family bonding time! It is funny how hunger will help eliminate funny food problems. I learned that I did indeed like tomatoes one day when I was famished...

Jenn said...

Laurie...

So glad you found my blog! What a beautiful family you have! Picking apples looks like fun.

Praying for us during this wait.

Blessings,
Jenn