Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My little budding artist

No stories today- I think I told enough yesterday. Just a few fun pictures. My little artist has been drawing pictures day in and day out this week. SO much fun to hear her interpretation of each picture. Today I issued Allison a challenge. I told her she could get any ONE thing she wanted out of the dollar bin section at Target if she'd try to write the whole alphabet. She'd never tried that before, so I wasn't sure how she'd do. About 5 minutes later she called me in to show me her alphabet. She was pretty proud of herself. She then said, "I've decided I want something from the dollar store instead. Is that okay?" I said, "SURE!" I was so proud I think I'll let her get TWO things. :)



Allison's first alphabet!



A flower garden



Allison talked to her Nana the other day via ichat, and she wanted to follow it up with a note to her. So sweet! This is for you, Nana!



Drawings have not been limited to paper. This is her "praying mantis in the dust". In my defense, we had just moved the television backwards on the table. :) I started to dust it today and she said, "Don't dust off my praying mantis!", so I promised I'd take a picture of it. The things we do to keep our children happy!



There are many reasons I love my husband- one of them is that he's a good teacher. Instead of just gluing together something of Allison's that broke, he brought her out to the garage with him this morning before work and had her help him with it. Sweet.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Impressive!!! WTG Allison....a true smartie pants...in the best sense of the word!!

So cute!!

Beth said...

Great job on the alphabet Allison!!

Anonymous said...

Allison,
GREAT job in writing your alphabet and what beautiful flowers. I LOVE YOU TOO!!!
Nana

Unknown said...

She's one smart cookie. You SHOULD be the proudest mom on the block. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie - how cute are Allison's drawings and her alphabet - how wonderful!
I really enjoyed your 100 list - that was really fun to read. Thanks for sharing all of that.

Martha

Denise said...

What an wonderful little artist!!

Kristi said...

Rather impressive alphabet there! And love Daddy's little helper, we've been seeing a bit of that around here too!