Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Loves of my Life!


Before meeting Daddy for lunch today we did some window shopping at the nearby strip mall. Allison chose the stores- Pet-Smart and the Christian Bookstore. Of course we read books in the bookstore, and one she chose was The Bearnstain (sp?) Bears count their blessings. Now mind you, the bear books never mention God, but the lesson was still a good one- to pay attention to what you HAVE (family, a roof over your heads, love, etc.) and to not worry too much about what you don't have (like all the new toys your friends have). I couldn't help but think how all of the B. Bears books we have teach lessons that we as adults could learn from too-like messy rooms, too much junk food, tattling, etc. But I believe the blessings book to be the best one yet. So today I am counting my blessings, and among them are my two very favorite people in the world- my wonderful husband, and my precious daughter, who both bring me more joy than I am deserving of on a daily basis. I love you two SO much! Thank you for making my days and nights so incredibly blessed.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for the prompting to stop and count my blessings during this crazy chapter in my life!

Beth said...

Love the picture!! We've only read a few of the B. Bears books, but one of my favorites was when the whole family was fighting and Grandma came over and reminded everybody how to be nice again.

Anonymous said...

I would have to concur here... we DO bring you more joy than you deserve! Should we dial down the JOY dial a little? Let us know!

as Allison would say... "Are you teasing me?"... DAdaDaH da!

Love,
Me >*******

Jodee said...

Oh my goodness! I am laughing out loud -- I love the comment from your husband! What a great guy! My hubby has hijacked my blog before but has never left a comment!

I agree with you -- you are sooo blessed with a great husband and an adorable daughter!

Kate said...

Lovely post...and I have to say...I love that your mom posted a comment....even if she did have an air of motherly..."I told you so!"...I know that one very well!!!

Counting blessings...always a good way to pass time...and indeed we have a lot to count, my friend!!

Jill said...

Sweet picture of Allison and her dad. I love the adult lesson you got from the children's book. Thank you for sharing. I need to look around me and count my blessings.