Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A weekend in pictures- and video :)

I couldn't pick just one event to blog about tonight, so I decided to do a "weekend in pictures" post. We didn't do anything "special" this weekend. It was very typical, yet fun. The mall on Friday night, the park and church on Saturday, playing at home and the outdoor shopping area on Sunday. Good times. I hope you'll enjoy our weekend pictures. And I hope your weekend was equally relaxing and fun!



Another trip to the Apple store. This time we played an Arthur game, and it was SO much fun! She loved it!



Swinging at the park. Even though it doesn't show her face, I just loved the action shot- and trust me, she was smiling!



This did NOT make me smile! I could write a LOT about how this made me feel, but I try to keep my blog as sunshiny as possible. So I'll just say that in my opinion, a crowded public park is not the place to bring a toy gun. Enough said- moving on.



Today our church had what they call "Celebration Saturday". For a couple of months they have special events going on in the parking lot before and after Saturday church- a way to outreach to the community. Today there was a car show. We walked around a bit, but Allison preferred playing in the jump houses. :)



This morning Daddy introduced Allison to a new activity- magnets! She was in HEAVEN! He set it all up downstairs and then called her down to play. I've had people ask me if Allison is always well put together with matching bows and all. UH, NO, she's not! :)



Tonight Allison felt like making a pretend bed in the living room. She really is a creative little girl. After reading her book she got on her pretend phone and called us for a chat.



This picture is a teaser for a post coming later in the week. I bet you can't wait! Me neither! :) Oh, and for those of you who have BTDT with tap class, answer me this- inside her shoe box were these 2 little bands with black circles on them. What are they for?



This video has no words and nothing is really happening- I just thought it was sweet. She LOVES to play in the center of the shopping area. She calls it adventure land. Cracks us up!

4 comments:

missy said...

That smile of hers gets me every single time. Can we say...beautiful???

Looks like a fantastic weekend.

You know I am dying for the dance pics....

Anonymous said...

Remember how she loved playing with our magnetic arrows? Where did Scott find a game? I know how much she will enjoy it.

Love,
MoM

keithnwendi said...

Laurie.... the little bands with black circles on the are to put into the tap shows instead of the laces. It is alike a rubber band & you put both ends through & then around the black circle/button. This will allow her to put her shoes on & off by herself & the dance teacher not to have to tie shoes the entire lesson.

Some teachers though don't canre for the button thingys cause sometimes they pop open during dance. We were instructed to get a tiny piece of black elastic & put it through the shoes & then hand sew it together.
Also sometimes they will have you move the pink elastic on the ballet shoes if it doesn't stay on well. If you take off the shoes & fold the heel down flat (towards the toe) the elastic shoe be sewn right in front of where the sides are. Sometimes they get it right for the factory but sometimes it has to be moved.

Can't wait to see cute girly dance pictures. Since my princess is 18 it has been a while.
HTH!!

Love,

~Wendi (from Texas)

Jill said...

Allison looks so tiny behind the Apple computer screen. Such a cutie!