Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feeling fine, thank you for asking! :)


Thanks to those of you who have asked how Allison is doing. You're so sweet. She is doing just fine. The dentist ended up filling in her tooth, although he said it would only last a matter of weeks. I'm sure if we wanted to go fill it in every month we could, but it was not that big of a chip, so we'll probably just leave it as is and maybe fill it in when we have formal pictures taken? :)

Anyway, she is feeling just fine. Her tooth area never hurt- just the initial fall. She was quite the trooper at the dentist's office- I was very proud of her.

Today we hung out at the mall and then met Daddy for lunch- our typical Wednesday. To show just how typical it is, the other night we went out to dinner and got recognized by the lady who runs the carousel at the mall!! I guess there are worse places you could get recognized from, but still. I guess we really do ride that carousel quite often. We ate at a new bbq place today and I can't imagine going anywhere else on Wednesdays for awhile. It was delicious!!

A few stories/updates:

1. The caterpillars have been released to the wild. The day we bought a nice new container in which they could flourish, they bit the dust, so we told Allison they wanted to go be in nature again so they could make their cocoons. She was just fine with this, telling them, "I'll see you when you're butterflies", as we put them outside.

2. Today we were in a toy store and Allison wanted to buy a Panda. We have WAY too many stuffed animals as it is, so of course I said no. Then she says, "But my panda at home needs a mommy!" I am SUCH a sucker! I'm like- oh, poor little panda doesn't have a mommy, of course we can get this one.

3. My child is turning into quite the negotiator. If I say, "You'll need to eat more of your chicken before you have more whatever", she'll say, "Okay. I will eat 3 more bites and then eat my..."

4. Today when we were trying to decide where to go eat lunch with Daddy, Scott asked her, "Allison, where would you like to eat?" and she said, "I'll give you 3 choices- Red Robin, St. Louis Bread Company or the barbecue place where you put smiley faces on my hand." I think she's heard us play the 3 choices game a little too often.

5. She has the cutest phrase now that pops up quite often. Like today, during lunch she says, "I was thinking that after we finished our lunch we could have a dessert". Or last week when we were shopping she said, "I was thinking that when we were done shopping we could play hide and seek at home" She's really thinking ahead and letting her feelings be heard, which is nice. OH, and playing hide and seek with her is hysterical!! I'll yell, "Ready or not, here I come!" and she'll yell back, "I'm READY!!!" Ha!!

6. My latest stress (which in the scheme of things life hands us is NOT a stress, but go with me) is when toys from upstairs find their way downstairs and vice versa. I have now become the toy nazi. If it's an upstairs toy it stays upstairs. So far so good. It's been a day.

7. It's really the little things that make me smile. Today I told her I wanted to take a picture of her looking so sweet. She said, "How about I stand over here by the beautiful fall decorations?"

8. For the past month or so we have not had any "bathroom issues". She used to tell me she had to go potty or ask me to come with her all the time. All of a sudden, just this week, she's been saying, "Excuse me please, but I have to use the bathroom" and she walks off by herself. YAHOO!!!

9. Today at lunch they didn't have milk (whatever!), so Scott put some water mixed with a tiny bit of Sprite into her cup. She tasted some and said, "Is this pop?" I said, "Well, it's water mixed with a little bit of lemonade- like pop. Do you like it?" (she's never had pop, by the way). She said, "No, I don't. I'm not really old enough to have lemonade pop- just lemonade."

10. We have chocolate kisses out in our candy jars. Yesterday I noticed Allison walking to her room, kind of licking her lips. I said, "What are you eating?" She said, "I'm just teasing!" I said, "No, really, what are you eating?" She said, "A kiss!" I said, "How many did you have?" She said, "Just one". I said, "Allison, really, how many did you have?" and she said, "Well, actually, I had two"

11. In the car the other day she said, "Mommy, when we get home will you put your hair in front of your face, just to be silly?" I said, "Sure". She said, "I'll do it too!" I said, "Okay, what about Daddy?" and she said, "No, Daddy can't do it. His hair is too short. It doesn't have move!"

Okay, that's all for now. My favorite thing to read on other people's blogs is stories about their kiddos, so I figured it was time to post a few of the latest ones in our world.

Thanks to everyone who made fun comments on my 100 things about me post- I really hope some of you will do that post and let me come read it! It really is fun to do!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

We're seeing the same negotiating during meals at our house. My favorite lately has been when I tell Kylie she has to take two more bites and she sweetly asks me if she can take five instead. Um, sure kiddo...
Love the snippet stories of Allison's current personality, you both will love them when you read them later. I need to post a few of them myself of my little one ~ she's changing so fast!

Kate said...

Love all the little stories - so fun!