Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

FINALLY drawing & a visual of our bookworm

Not that I was worried, but I really wondered if Allison was ever going to get into drawing real things. Just last week she decided that drawing was pretty fun, and now she can't stop. Yeah! I love looking at all her drawings and asking her to tell me about them. I learned a long time ago not to ask, "What's that?" but rather to say, "Tell me more about that" Ha! :) Subtle, but it works.

When I was a kid I LOVED to color. I could do it for hours! So far Allison has only been interested in coloring if I'm doing it with her, and even then she'd want to turn the page every 2 seconds or bully her way over to my page so I couldn't color. That's when you'd see me turn into a 2 year old and go, "Hey, this is my page. Color on your own page." I'll admit it. I sometimes go to the dark side. I don't like to share my coloring page. Sue me!

Anyway, this week Allison started requesting crayons and coloring books, and she'll sit there and color an entire page, or multiple pages by herself. LOVING that because I want her to enjoy it as much as I did when I was little...okay, and still do now. :)

Last night I went to check on Allison before going to bed and caught her with TONS of books in her bed- she was allowed to take in ONE. When Daddy snapped a picture she half-way woke up, turned over and gave him an even cuter shot. Enjoy!




This is a caterpillar on grass with the sky and clouds above him



In the center is Allison inside the Magic House (our local Children's museum), waiting to go outside in the sand. The sun it starting to set outside the house, and there are trees all around.



Some morning coloring time. Caterpillars are very popular these days.



The first picture Daddy took of her surrounded by her books



The picture he took when she flipped over after the flash woke her up. :)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

What a cute bookworm!

Anonymous said...

She has triplets? That must keep her REALLY busy!

Andrea said...

Cute! Love the interpretations of the drawings. You should be a docent! We got our I-171H today!!!

Unknown said...

Love the magnadoodle sketch. My 4 year old Ashlyn used to have hundreds of books in bed with her too. I never knew how she was able to sleep with all of them around her!

Kate said...

I'm with you - I don't like to share my food or my coloring page! :)

Kate said...

I'm with you - I don't like to share my food or my coloring page! :)