Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bowling, pizza, and Easter eggs




We headed out this afternoon to bowl with some friends. Allison can't really bowl yet, but we had fun anyway. She took about 40 pictures when we were there, mostly of my behind when I was bowling- you can thank me later for sparing you those pictures! We lasted 6 frames before she came over to me and said,"I want to go home and read Pokey Little Puppy".

Tonight Daddy and Allison made pizzas (yum!), so I took a shot of my very messy little girl. She sure was having fun, though. After dinner (which we all ate together in the living room while watching Kansas State (my alma mater) win their game- yeah!) we dyed one Easter egg. :) We bought stuff at Target today to do this weekend, but she really wanted to see how it worked, and since I had one egg in the fridge, we practiced and made a little princess Easter egg.

Allison has no idea what's in store for her this weekend. We're headed to KC to see Disney's Princesses on Ice. I can't wait because I know she's going to be shaking with excitement when we get there. I'm sure she'll enjoy celebrating Easter with some extended family too, but I'm betting it's the show she'll be talking about for weeks to come!

Tonight Allison had a tough time going to sleep, so I went in to snuggle one last time. We talked about the weekend...

"Tonight why don't you dream about Easter eggs and what color you want to make them."

"Will we color Easter eggs in Kansas City?"

"Yes!"

"Will we go on an Easter egg hunt?"

"Of course- it will be fun! We'll also go to church with Nana and Papaw on Easter Sunday!"

"And will we sing Christ the Lord is Risen Indeed... Hallelujah?"

"Yes, sweetie, we will for sure sing that song!"

Egg coloring kits: $1.49
Eggs: who knows- I just grab some
Bag of chocolate: $2.50
Easter dress: $50.00
Easter songs CD- $3.99

Knowing Jesus and the story of Easter: NOTHING- He already paid the price!!!

He is risen indeed!! Happy Easter, everyone! I look forward to sharing pictures and stories with you when we return Sunday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nana had to call the church today to make sure we were singing, "Christ The Lord Is Risen......:) Had they not already had that in the bulletin, I think we would have to have had an extra hymn sung. :)

Anonymous said...

The Lord is risen....