Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

On the Mend

Update:

A funny story happened today, so I thought I'd share. I know many of you reading this are dealing with newly potty trained children or children yet to begin the process, so I know you'll appreciate this potty story. Sometimes when I ask Allison to potty and she says she doesn't have to (like when we're on our way out somewhere), I'll ask her to just try- to count to 10 and see what happens. She thinks it's a game, so now on those occasions she'll count to ten and purposely wait to start until she gets to 10. Sometimes 10 comes VERY quickly, other times it takes forever to get to 10.

Anyway, today she was in bed with me (my desperate attempt to get her to nap!), and after about 1/2 hour I turned away from her, hoping she'd get the hint to GO TO SLEEP (she never did get the hint), but all of a sudden I hear her say, "One, two, three..." I turned around quickly and said, "What are you doing? Are you going to potty on 10?" She said, with total innocence, "Yes, I am!" I said, "Oh no you're not!" and I quickly got her off the bed and headed toward the bathroom, where she promptly went potty. WHEW!! That was close! :( The scary part is that she's been diaper-free since October. Obviously we are not "all the way trained" quite yet!








Allison is feeling much better- thanks for all the well wishes! We've done a LOT of indoor playing the last few days, but I think the worst is over, and now she's just coughing a bit at night. Yeah!

Thought I'd include a look at what you do when you're stuck inside- you have indoor picnics, build tents, etc. All in all it hasn't been that bad, really.

Wish I had interesting stories to write today, but really, nothing interesting has happened!

I did include a "picture of a picture" in this post. Allison visited the Easter bunny last week at the mall and was beside herself with joy! I've been a sucker the last 2 years, buying the picture package, but this is the first year I actually liked the picture, so I thought I'd share. :)

3 comments:

Kaylei Elizabeth Ling said...

Kaylei say these pictures and said, "Allison is wearing my jammies!" We got those pjs in Nashville during the reunion. Good taste!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I need to et a rubber sheet for the big bed. :)

Anonymous said...

This is driving me crazy..Nana