Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Fun and fellowship



Two Fridays a month I get a break from one of my true loves (my child) to spend time with another true love-my MOPS group! Even though as coordinator it's not really a "break" for me, it is a break from my child. I went an entire two hours without anyone asking me WHY. I went two hours without asking anyone if they needed to go potty. You get the drift. I got a break. We all need these breaks, and I cherish mine.

Today we welcomed a speaker who shared with us the wonder of our spiritual gifts, given to us by God. I've taken the survey before, and my gift is faith. I think after our battle with infertility and subsequent adoption of Allison, my faith has grown by leaps and bounds. God truly is in control of my life and guides me every day. Don't get me wrong- I don't always follow Him as I should- we are, after all, sinners- but I do know He's guiding me and wants me to make good choices. MOPS is a place where mothers of preschoolers can find some time away from our little ones and gain strength from others who are in the same boat. We're also fortunate enough to have Mentor Moms at each table- someone who's been there/done that to listen to us, give us advice, and assure us that God is always there for us. Our group is truly blessed, and it has been a joy to lead the group this year. Next year I'll be handing the reigns over to new leadership. It will be wonderful to sit back and be fed (literally and figuratively) by the group again and to watch new leaders emerge in our church.

My other true love is taking me out on date night tonight. I even got to pick the movie- what a treat!! He really is the love of my life and the best husband I could have even asked for- and believe me, I asked! :) I hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend with your true loves, whatever or whomever they may be.

2 comments:

Jodee said...

I can completely relate to your WHY comment!

Have a great weekend. Enjoy your date night! We are headed to an Easter egg hunt and the circus this weekend!

Danielle Moss said...

So glad you had a wonderful time with your mops group.

What movie are you seeing? Enjoy your time out tonight!