Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Horton is soooo cute!






We sure had a fun family day today. Since we attended church last night we had a lazy morning around the house. This was nice! We then spent some time running errands and eating lunch out. After nap we headed out to see Horton Hears a Who. On the way there I realized that I'd heard of this book but I had no idea what the story was. Guess I missed reading that book as a kid. We all enjoyed the movie, even though I caught Scott snoozing half-way through it. :) Allison enjoyed it all- well, after the scary, loud previews were over. She is SO sensitive to sound and can't handle loud noises (long night last night with the thunder, let me tell you!), but once the movie started she sat still, laughed at appropriate times, asked good questions and enjoyed herself. With kids this age, it's really all about the snack. Bring their favorite snack along and they're happy. Or maybe that's just my kid- like mother like daughter.

I also wanted to show off a new pinafore Allison received from our friend and travel mate, Heather. She made some for her daughter and I really wanted her to make one for Allison. I LOVE the one she made for her- is it cute or what? It's not really pinafore weather, so I found a way to make it a more wintery outfit. Thanks, Heather- we LOVE it!!

I included videos of our morning at home. Scott is SUCH a fun daddy. Mommy is more of a rule follower, so it's good she has Daddy around to get her creative juices flowing. These videos make me laugh so hard- is he a good sport or what? :)

5 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi there,

Thanks for your sweet comment on my Make Room for Mei Mei blog.

I love checking in on your family. You always have so many fun things taking place. :o)

I am glad you had a fun day at the movies. We haven't taken Lindy to the movies yet but I was just telling my hubby the other day I think it is almost time...

I LOVE the new pinafore. I have ordered some on Etsy but really should step outside of my comfort zone and try some myself to save a little money. (I can't really sew but it seems like these would be fairly simple.)

Are you all logged in? I haven't gone back and read all your archives but need to...

I look forward to following your life with Allison and your journey to your next daughter.

Hang in there!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

One GIANT Teddy Bear :)

I used to make those pinafores for you when you were that age. That is something I could probably still make, that is, if I had a sewing machine. :) I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend.

Love, Nana

missy said...

Daddy is a great sport! What fun for a little girl to have such fun parents. Her outfit is precious. She is just too cute!

Jodee said...

Love Allison's pinafore! I have four being made right now for Kamree and can't wait to get them back!

We are headed to that movie soon too! I am glad you enjoyed it.

3 Peanuts said...

I am glad you liked Horton---we saw it on Sunday and the boys liked it (kate stayed home). The pinnafore looks adorable. I always put a turtle neck or blouse under Kate's so she can wear them in the winter.

Kim