Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

A Fun Friday!






I have always loved Fridays- they are just fun days! I used to love them because it meant the last work day of the week, but since every day is a work day (or a free day, depending on people's moods in the house!), I enjoy them because it means tomorrow is Saturday and we get to be with Daddy all day long! :) This morning we had a GREAT MOPS meeting where our Pastor spoke to us about marriage. He is VERY humorous, so he had us all laughing several times. The message was wonderful, and it made me want to go home and be a better wife. After MOPS we used a gift card from Nana (I am OUT OF MONEY this month!) to have lunch at McDonalds- always a good time. Then my daughter took another one of her 3 hour naps. I'm not sure what's happening with her, but this is NOT normal! I myself took a good 2 hour nap and awoke just before Katie was scheduled to arrive for the evening!!

After we fed the girls dinner (gourmet pb&j, pretzels and oranges), we strollered (not a word but fun to write) over to our local park and let them play. It's good for Allison to be at the park with Katie because Katie is much more brave. Once Allison sees Katie do something she's much more likely to try it herself. So they both went down the big girl slides (okay, Allison had to have Daddy with her, but at least she went!) and had a ball! The cutest thing is when one of them would go to the bottom of the slide to "catch" the other. What a hoot! We would have stayed all evening, but the sun started to go down and it got cold fast. We headed home to play our new princess game (THANKS, Heather and Claire for the early b-day present!), and it was a big hit too. The girls were so cute in all their jewelry. I'd highly recommend this game to preschoolers - they both had a lot of fun with it. We then played and had some story time before bed. Now I'm headed to bed because Saturday morning music class always kicks me in the... gotta go- have a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Jodee said...

We love Fridays too! It looks like you had a great day and night!

Kristi said...

Time at the park is always awesome! I'm thinking that we need to get into a babysitting agreement with one of Kylie's friends...

Beth said...

Katie talked alot about the Princess game. She does love to dress up. I actually just moved her dress-up things to a larger bin!