Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend- Part II






Before church this morning we had a LOT to do. We had to pack up our things for the trip back home, give Allison a bath, give Shay Shay a bath (she had to be clean for church after all!), and have an Easter egg hunt. It was a bit stressful, but we got it all done and had a good time. Some people suggested having the egg hunt inside, but that's no fun, so we donned coats and had our 3 minute hunt in the 34 degree cccccoooold!!! Allison was so excited and even stopped to shake the eggs to see what might be in them while some of the adults were inside, just wishing she'd hurry up!! :)


My favorite part of Easter weekend is of course going to church. Even though I really missed being at my own church on Sunday, it was nice to be at my parents' church because theirs is very traditional, so I knew we'd sing all my favorite Easter hymns, and such. Allison did VERY well for having to sit for over an hour and a half. OH MY! She also went up for the children's message at the front of the church. However, when the pastor said the kids could go back to their seats, she didn't really understand that, so she just started following the leaders up the stairs to the pulpit. OOPS!! I had to run up there and lead her back down. Scott said my cheeks were bright red! Sure wish I had a picture of THAT! :)

The best thing about church service was that my brother and his family joined us instead of going to their church. It was wonderful to have my whole family in church together on this very special day. My favorite picture is of Allison in her beautiful dress being held by her beautiful cousin Julie- precious!

0 comments: