Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend- Part I






We had a wonderful Easter weekend back in Kansas City. This post shows the fun Allison had with Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Jenny, Aunt Sheila, Uncle Jeff, and cousins Abby and Caroline. We really got into decorating eggs this year. Aunt Sheila is the Martha Stewart of Scott's side of the family, so of course she had LOTS of Easter egg decorating options, and all 3 girls had a blast decorating them. We kept our simple but enjoyed seeing what creative things you could do with the eggs once you were a little bit older. :) Uncle Scott also had fun showing Abby how to use her new microscope. I love their matching hair color in the picture!

Once we were done with our eggs we headed back to Nana's house to leave them out for the Easter bunny. He would come in the night and hide them, along with some other eggs. Then he'd leave the basket full of fun treats. She had trouble falling asleep- almost like Christmas Eve! One funny thing happened that night I don't want to forget, so I'll write it here. In the middle of the night I heard her (she was sleeping in a big bed in a separate room, not in her crib, for the first time at Nana's), so I raced in there to make sure she was okay. I pushed open her door and heard something I'd never heard from her in the middle of the night- LAUGHTER! She was cracking up, not crying. I guess she was having a pretty funny dream. :)

0 comments: