Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

Toddler Town






Last night our local Parents as Teachers organization put on a Toddler Town event. The highlight for Allison was the vet station. She LOVED putting band-aids on all the animals, taking their temperature, and listening to their heartbeats. The 2nd highlight was being able to choose a book to take home. She chose a Bernstein Bear book (man those are long!) about strangers. I really didn't want to be talking about strangers yet, but I guess it's never too early.

As we were getting ready to leave the event, Allison asks if she can take pictures of the place. Really, my idea for buying her a camera for her upcoming b-day is turning out to be very smart. You'll see that she took her 1st picture of her parents! Well, the first one cut off Scott's head, but not bad for the 2nd try, huh?

Yesterday was the first day I felt appreciated for my "cooking" efforts. While eating breakfast Allison said, "Mommy, you make the best cereal in the WHOLE WORLD!!!" Well, I do work quite hard on her cereal! :) Then after lunch she came up to me, hugged and kissed my leg, and said, "Thank you for making lunch for me, Mommy. It was delicious!" I don't think I've ever been complimented on two meals in ONE day. WOW!!

We're still working on our bedtime routine- I think we'll be working on it until she's 16 and just decides she wants to go to bed on her own. :) Last night we heard her get out of bed and Scott asks her, "Allison, what do you need?" She says, "I just need a little attention." Kind of hard to be serious with her after that. :)

Allison doesn't know it yet, but her Nana and PaPaw (my parents) are coming into town tonight for an extended weekend visit. I love for her to be truly surprised when people come to visit- it's so fun! I'm sure we'll have some fun pictures to share over the next few days. :) Safe travels, Nana and Papaw!!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I really like your new blog design! I've been considering having someone redesign Fireworks and Fireflies, seeing your results may just push me to that edge. Toddler Town looks like it was a blast!
Cute comment by Allison on the cereal ~ Kylie doesn't offer such in words just yet, but it sure makes the effort worthwhile when she smiles and says, "MMmmmm!" while eating something I've prepared for her!

Ashton said...

i love the blog design!! it is too cute

Jodee said...

Cute Allison stories. She is such a funny little girl!

Love your new blog design too!

Anonymous said...

super cute blog design for spring! I love the picture she took of you guys! It gives me hope that one day we'll have couple photos again taken by our daughter! Of our time in Hawaii, we have 1 family photo all together. And don't we all just need a little attention... too cute!