Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Princess and the Why




Seriously, does a child's brain sense age 3 approaching and therefore it HAS to ask why to everything ever said from that point forward? We've had "Why?" at our house for a couple of weeks now, and I am going INSANE!!! It never ends. Answering the first why only brings on the 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th why. I can TOTALLY understand where "Because I said so" and "Because I'm the mom" came from. They came from frustrated moms who were just exhausted from having to answer SO many questions!! Someone out there PLEASE tell me how long this phase lasts!

This morning brought on an "interesting" challenge. We're headed out the door to Walmart only to discover that the garage door won't open. After doing everything I know to do to make it work (that took 30 seconds), I called Scott. After doing everything HE knew to make it work (30 more seconds), he says, "Sounds like it's broken." Ah, such wisdom! :) I called the number on the door (all things that can break should have numbers printed on them) and voila, one hour and $190 later, we exited the house and headed to Walmart. In the interim, we explored the outdoors- what a LOVELY day we had today. Spring visited us, and it was beautiful!! I can't wait to go back outside after nap.

I had to take a picture of Allison today to document her graduation to 3T jeans. She keeps saying, "My 2T's were just too snug, Mommy!" Yes, they were! But man, it was tough for me to buy 3's. I'll get over it. :) I hope many of you are enjoying equally beautiful weather where you are!

9 comments:

missy said...

OH! I just love the "it's a beautiful day" comment. She is a living doll!!!

Marge said...

ok...let's see if this works. I had to have a google account.
Yes, Allison, it IS a beautiful day. It's about time.
Love, Nana

Marge said...

YAHOO.....it worked

Kristi said...

Sorry about the $190 on the garage door ~ some months it seems like you're going to get a bit ahead and then something goes and breaks... My computer is on its last legs and I sure hate to think about the cost of a new one!
The pictures of Allison are cute, my favorite one is the one of her looking in the castle window! Her smile is "melt your heart" sweet!

Jodee said...

Allison looks adorable in her 3T jeans! I just started buying Kamree 2Ts on top and that about killed me! I am not sure how I will handle 3Ts!

We are enjoying the nice weather too!

Danielle Moss said...

Oh my gosh is she not the cutest thing in the whole world?!?!?

I loved her comment about what it means to be a princess. And the "it's a beautiful day"...precious.

She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Ellie also says "it's a beautiful day." Then one day it was very cold and rainy and she said, "It's a beautiful day, Mommy!" Well, I guess everyday is a beautiful day when you're 2.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by one of my blogs! I always love to have new guests!

Your Allison is a doll baby. As Lindy approaches 3 I fear what friends have told me: "Two is nothing compared to three. They are two year olds with experience then." Oh, great!!!

Lindy's grandparents live in the KC area, too! Glad she got a nice surprise visit with hers. :o)

Your stories are heartwarming!
Lisa

Kate said...

Oh the big move to 3t....we had to do it recently...and what a heartbreaker!! Allison is just as sweet as she can be! I enjoy reading your posts!