Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bathing Beauty, Park Fun, and Magic Muck







This week was a lot of fun, and we've been taking a lot of pictures, thus my 2nd post of the day. Allison is all of a sudden requesting to take baths more often. The other day she asked me, "Do we take baths every day?" When I replied that we usually don't - more like every 2-3 days, she said, "COULD we take a bath every day?' My guess is that she's enjoying "playing mermaid" in there, which is a new thing for her. She sticks both her feet in this little floaty meant for her doll and pretends she's Ariel! :)

Due to the spectacular weather we had the other day, we headed back to our favorite park- it's SUCH a cool place with so much to do. I couldn't believe how much more confident she was this time vs. when we were there last in September. She was climbing everything, trying new things, it was great! I worried more, but it was neat to see her be more adventurous! Her favorite thing is still this fun slide made of rollers. Even the adults get a kick out of it. My legs shake enough as it is- I don't need to go down a slide that accentuates their jiggling. I think Allison went down it about 20 times, laughing every time.

The last pictures are of us copying our friends Beth and Katie and making "Magic Muck". She really did have a great time with it, but boy, food coloring does a number on the skin. You can still see the coloring underneath her fingernails, days later. But we all had a fun time doing science before bedtime that night. Allison even helped us clean up. There's that awesome step-stool again- we are LOVING all its many uses for her new-found independence!

If you don't want to miss any pictures, be sure to scroll down because I have another new post under this one. :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I want the recipe for Magic Muck!

Anonymous said...

I DON'T want to recipe for Magic Muck! :)

Love, MoM