Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

In Princess Heaven!




I had NO idea how out of control this princess thing could get. I have always said my child will never wear items of clothing that call her a princess. And really- this one says Disney Princess, so it's not really calling HER a princess. :) It's REALLY hard not to give in to all the princess "stuff"- it's EVERYWHERE!! And she LOVES it all!! I keep taking these same pictures, sorry, but these were just so cute. I bought her the new nightie today, and as soon as we got home she wanted to try it on with her tu tu. She's got quite the twirling form, don't you think? :)

As an FYI to any of you out there shopping for jammies for spring/summer- consider this- it's REALLY hard for a girl to use the potty by herself when she's in a nightie. Chances are if you aren't in there with her, the nightie is gonna get wet, if you know what I mean. Last summer we were in diapers, so I never thought about it. This will be the last nightie I buy for spring/summer. I'm sure by next year she'll have the "pull up the nightie when you go and when you wipe" routine down, but for now it's a struggle. Live and learn- and pass it on! :)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for the advice! I laughed when I read it, but I see where it is so true! And yes, she is adorable in her "twirling mode."

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..hadn't thought about the nightie thing. I was excited about warmer weather so we could wear a nightgown and not have to fight to get the long pajamas on over her lotion covered arms and legs after bathtime.

Kate said...

Did you ever see that movie Elf? "I like smiling...smiling's my favorite..." (if not sorry for the weird reference!)....but we are knee deep in Princess Heaven here too...and our motto could be "I like twirling...twirling's my favorite!"

Feelin' your princess pain!! :-)

missy said...

She looks adorable in her "not Princess" attire : ) I'll be honest with ya, Paige is a bit of a tomboy and I had bought so much girly stuff and she was never into it. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you and your sweetheart : )

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Pink and Princesses. Knowing how out of control it could get, we've limited the princesses to Cinderella and books about generic princesses and princes. As for nightgowns, we have only one which is worn mostly during the day as a costume since it has Cinderella on it. We found out about the potty the hard way. Now she just strips instead of taking the risk of getting her favorite dress soaked. Allison looks adorable in her pink attire.