Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite!






One of my most favorite things about being a mom is when my child has a "first". I know these firsts will come for the rest of my life, but the ones at this age sure are fun! Today's first was flying a kite. The Easter bunny brought Allison a kite, but today was the first sunny, warm, and windy day we could get out and use it. We all had a blast. We headed up to our church where there's a big open field. Daddy assembled the kites in a couple of minutes, and Allison was flying them by herself immediately. She had a ball, and we loved watching her!!

The first picture on the post shows some new-found independence. Because of her short stature, it's tough for Allison to be independent sometimes. We finally found the perfect step-stool that would allow her to use the sink herself. Those of you who have to lift your toddler up to wash hands all the time know that it is not an easy task. The stool is great!! She can wash hands AND brush teeth all by herself, and she loves the independence. I think she brushed her teeth 4 times today (yes, I make sure I help her do it correctly at least twice a day!) just so she could use the stool! LOVE it!! :)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Allison looks like she had a great time flying her kite! How about sending some of that warm AND sunny weather down south? Spring has teased us a few times and we're ready for flip flops and short sleeves!
By the way, I think we have the same duck soap dispenser in Kylie's bathroom...

Anonymous said...

where do I find that stepstool?! My arms are so tired of lifting my growing girl up to the sink. I love Allisons expression flying the kite!

Laurie said...

Got the footstool at Target- in the ladder section. LOVE it cause it's really sturdy and will not budge from its place on the floor! :)

Anonymous said...

As soon as I leave work today I am off to Target for that stool! With the stool we already have she can reach the sink, but not the water. And when she brushes her teeth, well, it's a big mess. Yuck! Thanks for sharing! I'm so excited!