Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hat Parade and some eggs


It's tough to come up with daily titles when you write something almost every day! :) I know I have some readers who love Kai-Lan as much as we do, so I'm sure you'll appreciate the picture today. Allison chose "The Hat Parade" episode to watch this morning while I was getting ready. I came in the room to find her working on her own little hat parade. She'd grabbed a pine-cone out of a display by our fireplace and was placing little magnetic letters in the cone, doing a pretty nice job of copying, just like our friend Ho Ho. Sorry, if you don't watch Kai-Lan it really won't make any sense. :)

We then moved on to making scrambled eggs. This girl is a better egg-cracker than I am, so I decided to videotape her technique. My favorite part is how she squints her eyes when cracking it- like the egg is going to jump out and get her!

6 comments:

Beth said...

That's good!! Katie used to crack eggs gently... until I let her help me crack boiled eggs. Now it's hard for her to understand to crack gently for raw eggs and harder for boiled.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we all should close our eyes and turn our heads when we crack eggs. She does a GREAT job.

Love, Nana

See you in about 28hrs. :)

Angie said...

How precious! She does have great form! She definitely puts my boys to shame....they usually have egg all over the kitchen by the time they are finished cracking. ;)

Thanks for the comments on my blog!

missy said...

Oh my!!! The girl's got skills in egg cracking : ) Her eye squint is just priceless. She's such a doll.

Kate said...

Hey! We have an egg cracker at our house too! It is Lia's absolute favorite thing to do! She cunningly convinces Daddy to make scrambled eggs often...I think mostly so sh can crack those eggs! It seems she does the cracking and Daddy does most of the eating!

Too cute!!

Laura L. said...

Allison is so cute!

Looks like I need to be a braver mommy and let our girl do some of these things. :) What harm can a little egg do??

Thanks for stopping by my blog recently. Keep in touch.