Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Universal Sizing, PLEASE!!


I used to think only ladies sizes were messed up. You know, you go into one store and wear one size- go next door and you can't squeeze into the same size you JUST BOUGHT! UGH! Well, I've discovered that this sizing issue starts early. Case in point. Our first outfit of the day (Moms of toddler girls understand that one outfit a day is NEVER enough) came from Walmart. I bought shorts and a matching top in a size 3T for summer. She was swimming in it. It will probably be fine by August, just not April. Outfit number 2 came from Target. Also a t-shirt and shorts in a size 3T. PERFECT fit! The shorts fit perfectly- might even be snug by August if she gains a couple pounds. Then I bought an outfit today at Babies R Us. The picture is of the new outfit- pretty cute, huh? Anyway, they had a shirt in 3T, which I know she'll need, but they didn't have the skirt in a 3T (something I HATE about that store- I have a very hard time finding a matching outfit in the same size- they lose a lot of my business because of that, but I digress.) I just HAD to have the outfit, so I bought the skirt in a 24 month size, thinking maybe I'd have to take it back. I tried it on her at home and it's a little big, but it will work fine. WHATEVER!! :) I never imagined I'd have to take my almost 3 year old into a dressing room to make sure clothes would fit her, but it looks like I might need to start doing that. I just wish retail people around the world would agree on measurements for clothing, don't you?

Tonight we had a MOPS fundraiser at a frozen custard place, so Allison is on an ice cream high! She and Daddy are making a lot of noise upstairs- sounds like ALL her animals are getting in her crib for a party. I'd better go check it out! I bet bedtime won't come until 10:00 tonight. The price we pay for chocolate ice cream at 7:30! :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so with you on the universal sizing! Kylie wears everything from 18 months to 3T right now depending on what type of clothing it is and where it is from!

Anonymous said...

I have sizing problems with stuff from the same company. Ellie wears a 2 in Gymboree but I put a pair of shorts on her the other day and 2 steps later they were around her ankles. I returned them for an 18 months and they were still too big. Another pair of shorts with the same style but a different pattern fit perfect. Good grief! And I agree with the Babies R Us stuff. Sometimes I can find really cute stuff there but hardly ever in the size I need.