Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thank you, Lord, for the sunny day!






What glorious birthday weather we've been given today. It was 68 and sunny when we headed out and 75 and sunny when we headed home. Perfect! After Nana and PaPaw left for KC, Allison and I got ready and headed to the park. First we picked up Happy Meals (yes, I got one too- and yes, she still calls them "sad meals"- ha!) so we could picnic in the park. We found a nice table in the sunshine and spread out our feast on the princess tablecloth I thought to bring from home (I know, quick thinking!). It was so fun just to sit and enjoy the sunshine and Happy meal with my little girl. We then spent lots of time playing on the equipment before heading to McDonalds for ice cream sundaes. YUM!! The phone picture is to document when Daddy called to wish Allison a happy birthday! :)

Now she's having rest time, and quite frankly, I'm feeling the need for it too! Daddy is on his way home from an overnight business trip and has requested we go to Red Robin tonight. I think tomorrow I'll just drink water all day. WAY too much food these past few days!!

Hope you're all having a fabulous April 30th too! :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I think that I'm more impressed that you thought to bring a bowl for the ketchup than the tablecloth!
I'm glad you had sunshine to celebrate today!

Jodee said...

What a fabulous day! We love sad meal picnics too!