Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise






Yesterday was just an all around pretty good day! In the afternoon we ran some errands and then went to the park to swing, swing, swing. It was a perfect day (for me, anyway) It was 70 degrees and sunny. LOVE IT!! After the park we met Daddy for tacos, checked out our local pet store (she still LOVES the fish!) and then came home to play outside. I love it when the weather gets nice and the neighbors start coming out of their winter caves to chat! We just sat out on the driveway and enjoyed the weather and watching our daughter play with her toys. Last weekend we went to a rummage sale at a school and found all sorts of great buys- this little grill we picked up for $2.50, and she had a ball with it. She was bringing us burgers, hot dogs, etc. It was sooo cute! I think she'll enjoy grilling with Daddy!

At the end of the night when we announced it was bedtime, she simply dropped to the driveway. I love that shot! I kind of wish i would have just left her there. Our nighttime routine is again getting nutty. She just won't fall asleep- keeps needing extra snuggles and such. It was tiring. It's 8:00 and I can just now hear her stirring upstairs. Thank goodness she slept in a little bit. I needed it too!

We just found out more family is coming in town for Allison's b-day party on Saturday. YAHOO!! I haven't told Allison that any family is coming. So far she just thinks it's a few friends. But now we're up to a few friends, 2 sets of grandparents, an aunt, and uncle and 2 cousins. She'll be SO excited!!

Okay- thunder just struck and she's awake NOW- gotta run!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog.

Have a wonderful time at the big birthday bash....3 is a great age!!!

Kate

Anonymous said...

I love that grill. So cute!

missy said...

Allison always looks so happy! What's the secret? I'm glad you all had a good day. That is a great find on the grill. Paige loves to play pretend in her kitchen still at almost 10 yrs. old. I love it when they are imaginative.

I can't wait to see birthday pics : )

Jodee said...

Love the grill pictures. Can't wait to see pictures from the b-day party. She will be so surprised!