Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

It's not always pretty around our house!



I am really enjoying this new dress up fun going on at our house. It seems every time I turn around she's in some new get-up. Today we went shopping and picked up a few jewelry items and crowns to add to our little collection. We stopped at Target, The Dollar Store, and Shop and Save this morning. We're talking HIGH RENT, folks! :) It's funny cause I never had any interest in the dollar store, but now that I have a child, it's a blast in there! There are so many fun activity books, flashcards, fun little trinkets, notepads, fun pens, etc. Sure, some of them only last a week or two, but that's okay- it's still fun! After shopping we worked on our counting skills, our addition skills, and our matching skills. I am ALL OVER these fun preschool workbooks. It brings back memories for me- like when I was in 1st grade and we had worksheets where we circled things or put X's over things. I guess that's a proven way to learn since those same worksheets seem to be everywhere today! I always REALLY liked school! Even when I had no clue what was happening in class (world history, accounting, geometry- just to name a few), I still had fun at school. I sure hope Allison enjoys school too!

A couple of weeks ago a gal at Scott's company brought in TONS of books to give to Allison that her daughter had outgrown. We were very excited to have new books to read! Today we made her a thank you card, and I made (yes, I had to bribe her) Allison write her name. Not too shabby if you ask me. She really struggles with her s's, but the other letters are pretty clear. Well, to her mommy they are anyway. :)

Happy Monday, everyone!

3 comments:

Jodee said...

Cute picture of Allison! She does a great job writing her name too!

Jodee said...

P.S. I am shopping the Neat Repeatz kids sale today so please check back later tonight or tomorrow for a post on all of my favorite finds. This sale is amazing -- over 50,000 gently used name brand items. I always volunteer during check in so I get to see all of the great stuff coming in! Since I volunteer so much, I am a VIP and get to shop first and before the public. I told my husband that this is probably the only time I will ever by a VIP!

Have a great day!

missy said...

I'm glad Miss Allison got some new items for her dress up collection. She looks like she is quite the princess.

I bet your love for school will rub off on her. I teach first grade and it is so important to have parents who take an interest!

You go mom! : )