Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bubbles and Bikes- again!





Spring, spring, spring! LOVE IT!! My two favorite seasons are fall and spring, so really, I'm living in the wrong area of the country. In the midwest we pretty much get 6 months of summer and 6 months of winter, with a sprinkling of spring and fall thrown in for good measure. San Francisco is the place for me to live, weather wise. It's pretty much springtime all year long with a sprinkling of summer. That's what I miss most about living there, but in most other regards (family, schools, politics, housing prices) I'll take the midwest any day! :)

We were thrilled to get outside again yesterday and enjoy the low 60's temps! Nothing "special" about these pictures, but I thought they captured the simple pleasures of toddler-hood. It really doesn't take much for it to be a GREAT day for Allison! I think her legs have grown since we were on the trike last because it seemed like she had an easier time manipulating the peddles. YIPPEE!!

Our big fun today is "lunch with Daddy", which we try to do every Wednesday. Before we pick him up we'll have some fun at the biggest strip mall in the world (well, maybe not, but it's gotta be close!). Whenever we head that direction and get close to the shops Allison starts chanting, "Babies R Us! Babies R Us!" I haven't been there in awhile because really, I don't have a baby anymore. :( Lately her chant has changed to her favorite place to go, which is the Christian book store. She even calls it that. "I want to go to the Christian book store!!! Can we go TODAY?" I'm not sure what she likes so much about it, but they do have a fun little section with lots of little cute little $1 like toys. Hmmm, I'm guessing that might be it! :) Regardless, I'm thrilled that's the store my child wants to go to more than anywhere else! Let's pray she still wants to go when she's 15! :)

I know, I use way too many smiley faces. It's kind of an addiction. I just love them. :) :) :) Have a happy day! :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I too adore the spring ~ but frequently here in the south we transition from winter to summer with no spring at all. This year we're enjoying some mid-60s to low 70s and it is so nice. We are also outside every chance we get! If only we were all entertained like toddlers, wouldn't the world be a nicer place?

Anonymous said...

I just got those same shoes for LeighAnna on clearance! Aren't they adorable! I'm finding that one of the downsides to blogging and having friends around the country is that I'm seeing that I am the only one who has no sign of spring. It's been snowing for the last two days... it was almost 75 on Sunday? Colorado has mud season instead of spring and fall, but somehow I think we're going to go from snow to summer and miss spring altogether!