Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Old Picture/Funny Story


Thought I'd find an old picture (a year ago, to be exact) to share today since I haven't taken any new pictures- imagine that! I thought this picture was SO cute! :)

Anyway- story to share. Most of you out there who have toddlers are aware that they really DO think the world revolves only around them. This attitude, as I know from my teaching experience, comes around again when they are about 13. But I digress. Last week Allison said something that made Scott go into an explanation about how the world wasn't all about Allison, yadda, yadda. We weren't sure she was listening, but I guess she was.

Conversation yesterday:

A: The Princesses on Ice are gone now, right?
M:Right. They're not in Kansas City anymore. They're touring around other cities to perform shows for other kids.
A: (sighing a big sigh) The world isn't all about me.
M: Right.
A: Remember Daddy talked about that?
M: Yep!

I had to work hard not to burst out laughing. She is obviously listening, and for the most part understanding.

0 comments: